Why doesn’t God answer your prayers? As I’ve searched the Scriptures, I have discovered at least 5 reasons.
1. It could be you’re not a child of God: This may sound obvious or even cruel, but God has no obligation to answer the prayers of unbelievers (Psalm 34:15, 17; Proverbs 15:8, 29; John 9:31; 1 Peter 3:12).
2. It could be your motives or actions: As Christians, there are a couple of reasons God may choose to delay or deny answering our prayers. In these cases, He is waiting on us.
3. It could be your misunderstanding of God’s priorities: Some of the problems we have with prayer arise out of a wrong understanding of God. The better we know about God in the Scriptures, the better we will understand how to pray
4. It could be that it’s just not time yet: What do we do when all systems are go, but the answer still hasn’t come? You don’t lose heart.
5. It could be God wants to give you more than you’re asking for: If God is able to answer (and He is), and if He has promised to answer the prayers of His children (and He has), then the delay in the answer—we must know—is not that God is apathetic or absent.