This checklist of positive signs will help you evaluate your date in a realistic manner.
1. He cares about what you think: A date who asks for and listens to your opinions and feelings, and better yet, who remembers what you say and builds on it later, and who responds with empathy, sincerity and caring, is someone you can communicate.
2. He can work things out with you: Recent research shows that the single most important quality that determines whether a relationship can succeed is how well the couple solves problems.
3. His modesty, humility and ego are balanced: If your date can keep success and failure in perspective, admit personal shortcomings, and rise above disappointments and losses, he or she does have a balanced personality.
4. He is emotionally mature: While it’s fun and charming to be able to be childlike when in a playful mood, it’s essential to be an adult whenever necessary
5. He is open: The whole point of dating, is to get to know each other. While you both may want to take a little time before disclosing too much, your date should be comfortable talking about him or herself, and it should not be like pulling teeth to find out what you need to know.